Is tonight the night I stop shocking?

Hello,
I had opened up my pool to a green swamp, and have diligently following the instructions here. I have kept my shock level up to 25, as per the pool calculator, based on my 10,000 gallon pool and CYA of 60, it has worked so far just like everyone said it would.
This morning my FC level did not drop, it was still 25 :-D , and I could see the bottom of my pool :-D :-D , but it doesn't sparkle. I think that it could look better, and I realize it's very close. This is my question, do I keep it up to shock level one more night to have sparkle in the morning? Or do I just let the filter finish the job? Any advice is appreciated, ty.

Ty, ty....I have adjusted my signature. Yes I bought the TF-100 kit, and so the testing was a fas-dpd. I've owned a pool for over 20 years, and was so happy to have found this site to finally teach me how to manage it, instead of fighting cloudiness and algae. By the way my kids and bf thought I was crazy to put bleach in it, and fought me every step of the way, wanting to take me to the pool store buy what they thought I would need. Now 6 days later I can see the bottom for the first time in a long time...Love you all and all the help you give.

These are today's results as of 3:30 pm
FC 18
CC 0
TC 18
PH 7.8
TA 120
CH 200
CYA 50
Temp 80
I'm guessing that the CYA went down a little from backwashing, vacuuming to waste, with a slight 3 inch refill. I'm also going to wait on the ph until the chlorine is in a normal level.
I'm off to the outside , the sun is out and its going to hit 80 today.....a rare thing this summer....ty again

JD,

I have enjoyed reading your thread. You have really gotten the concept of BBB very quickly and done a great job on your pool......very nice work.

I'd do just as you are doing. If, in a couple of days, your water doesn't sparkle, I would suggest bringing it to shock level again for about 24 hours. I have done that with mine a couple of times this summer and I see an improvement when I do. I can't give a precise explanantion other than there was some residual organics in the pool but it does seem to work for me.

Yours will likely sparkle with just a little more filtration. Nice to be in charge of your pool, isn't it? :lol:

Its great to be in charge of my pool.......so much better to have a numbers to work with along with exact amounts to add from the pool calculator, and chlorine/cya chart. I used to use the oto and add enough chlorine to make it dark orange....lol. Maybe thats why my pool turned green and stayed cloudy. Ty to everyone who answers all the questions, most of mine had an answer already addressed in the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.