Home Depot Muriatic Acid a joke!

G

I had been buying MA from my local Ace store. 31% concentration for $5.99 a gallon.

While at Home Depot, I saw they had a pallet of MA and grabbed a couple two gallon packs for $10.99 each thinking it was more economical than Ace.

I was using it in the spa and I could not get the PH levels to where they needed to be based on the pool calculator recommended amounts. So I kept adding more and was going through MA fast.

I went to Home Depot to buy more and this is when I noticed the concentration on this kemtekk stuff, it was 14% only.

I did the calculation and figured out I was paying TWICE as much for MA as the Ace brand! Duh!

No wonder the levels were not reacting like they should have.

Be aware. Do NOT assume apples are apples, you have to read the labels.

This isn't unique to Home Depot, nor is it uniform from store to store or season to season. My Home Depot always has 31.45%. Some have 15.7% part of the year and 31.45% the rest of they year. It varies.

Both Home Depot and Lowes in our area, changed over a year ago to 14%. Luckily Leslies still carries the good stuff at a decent price ($9.99/2 gallons). I just hope they don't go weak like the others.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gsmornot said:
The Home Depot in my area still sells the 31% as do the pool stores. I guess after reading here a while I should be thankful. We get 12.5% chlorine in 5 gallon jugs for $11.99 too.

Where are you at? Your signature line doesn't say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.