Best time to operate filter?

rocky

Jun 30, 2009
What is the best time to operate the filter? At night or during the daylight hours? I run my filter pump 12 hours each day. Since I am going to test daily and add necessary chemicals the pump filter needs to be operating. Should the filter pump be operating when swimmers are not in the pool? I have been searching the "Board Index" topics for directions? Have I overlooked this info someplace?

Ideally you do want SOME daytime run for the pump, to circulate the water to help prevent FC dead spots.

I also think it's a good idea to filter while swimmers are in, stirring up the little gunk, so the filter can catch it. (Temp pools like Intex that are not "bonded" should not be operating the pump with swimmers in the pool for elec safety reasons.)

You can get a timer (if you don't have one) to set it to run 3-4 hours during the day and then the rest at night, finding the proper amount of time to keep everything sparkly. You do want the pump to have been running for at least an hour before you do your testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.