Okay, so here are my readings from this past weekend:
I have consumed 8, 182oz jugs of bleach since Friday. I noticed the sides of the pool are a darker shade then the bottom. I decided to "get in" and scrub, since this seems to be the best result for me. I was able to brush up green (algae) 'assumed'... turning the water from clear to cloudy/greenish. From the CYA/FC Chart I know that my shock level is 20ppm. It seems that I am running through bleach like I own a meth lab in my basement (at least that's the look I get when I go through the checkout line at Walmart). This seems to be a reoccurring issue for me (consuming lots of bleach while still scrubbing green stuff from the walls). I have been reassuring the wife that the amount of bleach consumption will drop off once I can get the pool to a manageable state (without green stuff on the walls). What can I do to finally rid myself of this?
FYI - I cannot seem to maintain a FC level of 20ppm over a two/three day period because I am at work during the afternoon, thus I have at least a 5ppm loss during a typical 24hour period. Is my CYA level creating algae? I didn't have this problem when I just kept adding "pucks" and shocking every three days.
Thanks in advance,