Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck up for sale

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck up for sale

Moved to correct forum - Moderator

I have a lead on a deck for $100. I will have to go check out the wood and all. But am not sure if this deck will work for round pools. The owner said it was for an oval. here are the specs I have so far and a photo. The long side is 20 ft 5inches,the two sides are 9ft 7inches, and the center area is 7ft 2inches
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck up for sale

With the dimensions you gave you have a couple of choices.
    1) Cut a radius in the deck to fit your pool. If you go this route you'll wind up with the middle of the deck being about 4' wide.

2) Add on to both sides of the deck to create a radius to fit your pool and leave the center like it is. The new wood won't match the old.

3) Offset the deck to one side of the pool and add to the other side to match the pool radius. The new wood won't match the old.

4) Built an entire new deck to fit your pool!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We bought a used deck and then paid the deck builder we bought it from to modify and install it in our yard next to our pool. We are quite happy with how it turned out, and it was definately cheaper than it would have been to build a whole, new deck. Here are a few pictures for you to see:

The deck is two-toned right now. The used portions of the deck are the redwood color, and the new portions are the lighter green treated color. We have to let the newer wood weather a bit more before we can stain the whole deck so that it looks more uniform.

If the condition of the wood on the used deck you are considering is good I would encourage you to consider using it! Even if only to salvage the wood and rebuild a deck from scratch using it. $100 for just that much wood is a great deal in my opinion. Good Luck!
    Leanne
    Pool: 24' round by 48" deep AGP
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed pump, H100 Heater, sand filter, skimmer, using BBB (love it!)
    Hot tub: 2008 CalSpas, 8x8, 8 seats, 60+ jets, ozonator
    3 step bromine sanitation

4. Back To Top    #4

Well we lost the deck. on our way yesterday to pick it up when the guy's wife called me to tell me she promised it to someone else

by the way your deck looks nice. Back to square one with us. but the pool has been assembled yesterday. staying up all night during filling in case of problems
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)