New Build in Central CA

6c3386478a0a71045547b04e344e0887.jpg

LOOK! It is a REAL pool! Sweet!

Have you started bonding with it? aka watering it!

It is now time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so take it slow. It will all start to make sense once you start using it!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:kim:

LOOK! It is a REAL pool! Sweet!

Have you started bonding with it? aka watering it!

It is now time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so take it slow. It will all start to make sense once you start using it!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

I remember most of the above from when I had my last pool and I was more active on this forum. I’m just not too familiar with the startup process as our previous pool was already up and running when we bought the old house.

I am going to order the K-1766 test kit to begin with and had just started researching kits. I am looking at the K-2006 kit FAS-DPD. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think the TF-100 is the best bang for the buck. It has more of the regents we use on a daily bases. It is all Taylor regents just packaged in bigger amounts to find how we do things at TFP. There is a link in my siggy below. The Taylor 2006 is our second chose as it does have the FAS-DPD test.

Plaster start up-what brand of plaster will they be using? We have links to some of the different kinds of plaster start up. We have one here at TFP but it is out of date and in the process of being rewritten so I don't use it anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My PB has been on Vaca for the holidays in the Dominican Republic (I may have overpaid for my pool...) so I have been trying not to bug him the past week and a half. He is back Monday so I have a list of questions/concerns for him.
Good news is, we have tile going in...
e9d997de7a34afd8a6acd675218163fd.jpg

So we had a little ‘disagreement’ yesterday with our PB about moving our Sheer Descents. I’m pretty sure he is a little upset with us and will probably charge us a little extra for labor but I like the placement better now.
5a8ae95bb2d029707904e733adce0772.jpg
05b8610caf8cceb6319731abcd1c3aa0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.