New Build in Central CA

Good luck! Having just wrapped up my build, I learned a lot by just lurking and reading here.

The one piece of advice I can offer from my experience is be on-site as much as possible. There are always little decisions to be made during construction that need someone there.

Here are a few pics of the backyard right before we moved in and a copy of the plans.
0ea5f320df61a34902a31ca93ed3f098.jpg
ca432d4a6d78bc2a01a368a7b10045bb.jpg
06f93bcef5130e196131a78fb5edc812.jpg

What a neat design! So how deep is it and where?

How many returns and where?

How many skimmers and where?

How many lights? What kind and where?

What a wonderful yard you have for a pool! That is going to really enhance your lifestyle!

Kim:kim:

What a wonderful yard you have for a pool! That is going to really enhance your lifestyle!

It will be 7ft at the far end (away from house) and 3.5 in shallow end. We only wanted 6ft but since we raised the wall in the back, we had to go deeper since it was considered a “diving platform”. There will be two lights, one in deep end and one in shallow end (still deciding on final placement) both facing away from house.

We needed to keep as much grass as possible for my daughter since we don’t have a park in our neighborhood. They are at my house digging as I type this. Very excited but worried at the same time!

Sounds like a fun build.

Are you interested in our providing guidance on Pool equipment? If so -- post up what is planned.

How do you plan to chlorinate?

Take care.

Whoops -- just saw your signature!!!~ Good Job.

Take care.

Sounds like a fun build.

Are you interested in our providing guidance on Pool equipment? If so -- post up what is planned.

How do you plan to chlorinate?

Take care.

Whoops -- just saw your signature!!!~ Good Job.

Take care.

I’m ALWAYS interested in other opinions on equipment. I know it is a Pentair VS pump that is 3hp so I’m assuming it is the Intelliflo but haven’t verified. I will have to call my builder to get specifics. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One item on the equipment. With a Spa, automation really comes into play for ease of use. Have you considered that? If you have or do, having your Automation, Pump, and SWCG all from the same manufacturer makes it much easier to be sure they all talk together. If you went Pentair, the EasyTouch can come with a pre-installed power center for your SWCG, and actuators for your valves so you can switch from pool to spa from the Easytouch, or for a bit more money, add Screenlogic to handle it from your phone or tablet.

Take care.

I would think about 4' in the shallow end now since you have 7' in the deep end. This will help keep the slope from being as steep between the two. Have a good look at it when they have it dug today and go from there. NOW is the time to tweak it!

One item on the equipment. With a Spa, automation really comes into play for ease of use. Have you considered that? If you have or do, having your Automation, Pump, and SWCG all from the same manufacturer makes it much easier to be sure they all talk together. If you went Pentair, the EasyTouch can come with a pre-installed power center for your SWCG, and actuators for your valves so you can switch from pool to spa from the Easytouch, or for a bit more money, add Screenlogic to handle it from your phone or tablet.

Take care.

That is a great point and I know I’m not going to get any LESS lazy than I already am. I’m going with the Screen Logic setup so I can control from my mobile device. I made sure to let the builder know I wanted to be able to control everything from my phone, even when not at home.

I made sure to let the builder know I wanted to be able to control everything from my phone, even when not at home.

If so, you need to change your SWCG to at least an IC40.

Take care.

Looking good!

Another suggestion with your spa - Have them put in multi level seating, that way people of all sizes can be comfortable with where the water sits on them. It's something I designed into mine and it's a hit for sure.

That is a great point I didn’t think about! I will email my PB tonight about that. I can’t wait to get home and start measuring everything tonight.

23’ x 32’ with 108’ perimeter
4 returns.
1 skimmer.
2 drains.
2 LED multicolor lights in pool, 1 in spa.
Stamped concrete decking.
12” raise in spa with stacked stone surround.

I’m still getting more specs from my PB.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.