New Build in Central CA

Plaster start up-what brand of plaster will they be using? We have links to some of the different kinds of plaster start up. We have one here at TFP but it is out of date and in the process of being rewritten so I don't use it anymore.

Kim:kim:

My PB finally got back to me on the plaster. He uses Finest Finish Pool plaster but he didn’t tell me which type. I’m assuming for now that his basic choices are in the Island series. So we have decided tentatively that we will go with the Tahoe Isle color. Anyone have any comments/opinions on this? Thanks.
7a9a394ef65a6ec1d5dcf24590c6514b.jpg

Thanks Greg! We are STRUGGLING with picking our plaster color. What color did you choose and are you happy with it? Thanks.

We are using the product our builder uses: "Stonescapes Mini Pebble", my wife likes the white plaster look and they have a few Pebble selections that use white as the base plaster.
These three colors are "Salt and Pepper"
"Aqua Cool", and "White".
The names this company uses can cause some easy mix ups as they also have Aqua Cool, aqua white, aqua blue etc. We ended up going with the middle one.
20171211_092551.jpg
The pic below is of a nearby pool with the "AquaCool" color that I went to look at with our builder. Pebble is tricky... You need to see them, preferebly mid day and take notice of the color variations in the shallow vs. deep areas. Some of the nice blues get really light in color on the Baja reefs, one pool I saw looked blue on the deep side and gray on the shelf. That particular shelf was 6" below the water line to allow bubblers to work properly.
20171211_154324.jpg

Just one thing to add, see if your builder has any past customers willing to let you come by and look at plaster colors... We checked out our TOP 3 choices and it made the decision much easier on us.

We are using the product our builder uses: "Stonescapes Mini Pebble", my wife likes the white plaster look and they have a few Pebble selections that use white as the base plaster.
These three colors are "Salt and Pepper"
"Aqua Cool", and "White".
The names this company uses can cause some easy mix ups as they also have Aqua Cool, aqua white, aqua blue etc. We ended up going with the middle one.
View attachment 71489
The pic below is of a nearby pool with the "AquaCool" color that I went to look at with our builder. Pebble is tricky... You need to see them, preferebly mid day and take notice of the color variations in the shallow vs. deep areas. Some of the nice blues get really light in color on the Baja reefs, one pool I saw looked blue on the deep side and gray on the shelf. That particular shelf was 6" below the water line to allow bubblers to work properly.
View attachment 71490

Just one thing to add, see if your builder has any past customers willing to let you come by and look at plaster colors... We checked out our TOP 3 choices and it made the decision much easier on us.

I think I would have made the same choice based on those options. I checked with my builder to see if he has done any Pools with our particular choice and he is going to let me know. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in Visalia as well- I suspect right around the corner if you're in the neighborhood I think you're in. Our PB used Finest Finish plaster as well (probably the same subcontractor) I really liked the Tahoe Isle color as well but we ended up going with Caribbean Blue. You're more than welcome to come see what it looks like in person if you want!

I'm in Visalia as well- I suspect right around the corner if you're in the neighborhood I think you're in. Our PB used Finest Finish plaster as well (probably the same subcontractor) I really liked the Tahoe Isle color as well but we ended up going with Caribbean Blue. You're more than welcome to come see what it looks like in person if you want!

I would love to! We are using Aqua Pool. How long ago was your pool completed?

Look at that pour! That looks awesome! Did they make the joints by tool or did they have something in those places and remove them? That all looks awesome! Let the mud/dirt END! Sweet!

So neat sangree99 is letting you come see their pool!

sangree, what would be neat is if you could share a pic of when you plaster was brand new, another one about a month after (as the color can change as it cures), then another one from now. IF they are all looking at the same spot and in almost the same light that would really be great. That would show all of us the color changes.

If I may ask this of you can you also share how you add your FC as that will be good info also.

Look at that pour! That looks awesome! Did they make the joints by tool or did they have something in those places and remove them? That all looks awesome! Let the mud/dirt END! Sweet!

So neat sangree99 is letting you come see their pool!

sangree, what would be neat is if you could share a pic of when you plaster was brand new, another one about a month after (as the color can change as it cures), then another one from now. IF they are all looking at the same spot and in almost the same light that would really be great. That would show all of us the color changes.

If I may ask this of you can you also share how you add your FC as that will be good info also.

They did it all by hand. It was very impressive to watch. At first my wife sent me a picture and I saw the line directly in back of the pool was crooked so I drove right home to have them fix it. Turns out all the lines have arcs to them and it looks great with the free form shaped pool!

I will try to take some pictures as you suggested myself and come back to share them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.