What is the cell reverse time for pool pilot digital TC?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
The factory default might have been changed at some point during my troublshooting. i just want to doublecheck it is correct, or back to default.

I've been eyeing my TC system for a while now and today was the FIRST time ever that I've seen "forced reverse" or something to that effect on the display. Now maybe things might work properly, as I've had a bit of trouble with it.

It seems the orp readings go exactly opposite of the direction they need to go. Exactly in the opposite direction every time it's triggered! SWG is "on" the orp reading goes down. SWG "off", orp reading goes up. Easy 200 point swings. I don't want to get too OT, so I'll stop there. I hope this "reverse time" is messed up, so I may still have a chance to fix it.

Force reverse should only happen when you manually trigger it on the installer menu.

The default reverse time is 4 hours. You can make it longer if you aren't having any problems with calcium scaling and it will help the cell last a little longer. The cell reverse time would not be related to anything else you mentioned. If you set the cell reverse time too long it could allow the cell to get scaled, which could lower over all efficiency and shorten the cell life slightly, but that would tend to take quite some time to have any visible effect.

The ORP effects you describe are most likely from dissolved hydrogen gas. Hydrogen gas is created by the cell when it is on, and if it dissolves it lowers the ORP reading. Then, when the cell is off, the hydrogen out gasses and the ORP reading goes up. Ideally the hydrogen gas bubbles out and very little of it dissolves. But in some pool, quite a bit of it dissolves and you get the behavior that you describe.

Thanks. I will leave the cell at 4 hours.

You've suggested to me to point my return up to possibly get the hydrogen bubbles up out of the water and not dissolve. At least that's how I understood it, I could be wrong. I've been doing that lately, but I'm also reading that if I changed my pump speed to high, that it may give me a better chance of doing that job.

I will try high speed, with return still pointing up, and see what happens.

Wow, on an unrelated note, but somewhat important for my application, turning the pump on high speed has fixed my low ph problem. I was adding borax every couple of days. My ph has risen quickly since aiming the return up out of the water on high speed. I tried it on low speed but it didn't do as good of a job. Low speed= 28gpm. High speed= 80gpm. Now my ph is a solid 7.5. I'm sure my acid pump will get working, but it's better than having 7.35 or so before changing to high speed/return jet pointing up.

The orp reading is also changing quite a bit on high speed. Perhaps this phenomenon will change things on high speed. time will tell. I'll keep tabs on it like this for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.