Anyone purchase a Solar Heater from Ebay

I have the 3 of 4X20 units from backyardlivin on e-bay. They are placed on my garage with a south exposure and get full sun from about 9 am till 5:30 pm. They work great. In fact I use them now to cool my pool by running pump at night instead of heating. They catch good sun during spring and fall also. We swam last fall till the end of November and got back in the pool in mid February. For my family the water has to be at least 80 before they will get in. You do need a solar blanket though in the cooler months to hold heat in or it is just a waste of time. Cold fronts will cause problems but recovery for me with the blanket and panels was only a few days. Well worth the expense as far as I am concerned.

I don't have the same brand you are looking at but it's basically the same thing as mine and it works great. :-D I just put my pool up about 4 weeks ago (16'by32' above ground)and when I filled the pool with my well, the water temp was about 68-70 when it was finally full (50 hrs)and within 3 days from that the water was about 85 and I live in MN. Just like ccdan said you will want a solar cover, it will help hold the heat in at night and help heat during the day. You will also want to put in a valve to turn off the heaters. I didn't at first, not thinking the panels would work all that great, but when my water temp hit 94 I was scrambling to get one in.
I hope this helps !!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.