What kind of Slide, please!

dmj4

Jul 22, 2009
I would love to have some feedback on inground pool slides. What kind do you have and do you like it? We are looking at a G-Force for $2694 with shipping, an X-Stream with shipping for $1967 and a Typhoon with shipping for $2200. The pool builder also mentioned a Wild Ride. I don't know if the Wild Ride is better or just easier for him to install. We really don't want to pay $2700 if one for $1500 or $2000 would be just as good.

It is an 18 X 37 Grecian pool with a 1.5HP Hayward pump. It is a new construction, which is not completed.

Thank you so much!!!
Donna

We have the Wild Ride (installed last fall with our pool) and love it. It's really fast! I have not tried the other two, so I can't compare the ride.

We chose the Wild Ride since the stairs were enclosed and seemed a little safer for our young kids than the open design of the X-treme.

I was also talking about the G-force (or similar) with one of the pool builders we were interviewing and he mentioned that on the real curvy slides, larger users (i.e. adults) tend to get hung up in the curves.

Attachments

• IMG_3010_1.JPG
    IMG_3010_1.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_3000_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3000_1_1.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 452
We use one of these:

0005074323745_500X500.jpg

It was just sitting outside on our patio anyway for when the kids are playing outside so we just moved it over to the edge of the pool... It's no waterpark slide, but our 2 and 3 year olds enjoy it! :) Eventually when they're older I hope to put in a big one like MNB has!

I wish my kids were still small enough to use a Little Tykes slide, for many reasons.
Thank you so much for the responses. I appreciate knowing that the curved slides could be a problem for larger adults.
Donna

I just installed the G-force slide this summer and my daughter (age 8) really enjoys it. Adults can not go down with their legs straight out because the curve in the slide is pretty tight, so if they want to achieve maximum speed, they need to pull their knees to their chest. I have the slide plumbed into my return line, so the ride is very fast!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.