Is this normal??

Jun 25, 2009
I installed a new Triton II (TR100). I checked that the laterals were hand tight as per the installation manual and was careful putting in the pea gravel and pool filter sand not to damage them. The filter has been running for about 3 days with a Pentair Whisperflo. The water got sparkling clear very quickly which is good but there is about a half pound of sand accumulating in the bottom of the pool under each vent every morning. I vacuum the sand with a shop vac so that it doesn't return to the filter. Could this sand just be the particles too small to get stopped by the laterals and will eventually subside??? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!!

If you have pea gravel in the filter, it's not the laterals!

You may have put too much sand in, but I doubt that.

Not using the 'rinse' function after backwashing could lead to some sand in the pool, but I doubt you've been backwashing daily.

Last option would be the multiport gasket, if it's trashed, the water going through it could be going everywhere and result in sand in the pool - is the backwash port dripping?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.