Waterfall, later...

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I am having a new in-ground gunite pool put in... and sometime down the road, I'd like to add a waterfall and slide... I have seen some where the entire pool bond beam is adjusted for a waterfall to flow right into the pool (i.e. lowered beam, and stepped ledges into where the water fall will be)... others that sit up on top of the coping (coping and tile continuous) which looks fake... and then others that have no bond beam changes, but the tile and coping are removed and a rock formation flows over and down the bond beam into the pool.

So, my question is... what is the best way to do a waterfall... and what do I need to make sure is done at pool build time so that I can easily add a water fall down the road...

I appreciate everyone's input.

Hey jtech1,
I don't think you will be able to have the ground work done for the future build of the waterfall & slide due to the fact that structural rebar has to be tied into the pool when built.
Here you can see that my waterfall was tied in to the pool rebar by code.
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_18592.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Sorry if it's not the aswer you were looking for.

Even with a waterfall "stick", like a Jandy Sheer Descent, GAW, or any of the other brands, it will have to plumbed into the pool system -- after all, the water wil have to come from somewhere and spill into the pool or spa, and at the equipment pad, you would want to tee off the returns with an adjustable valve of some sort. I'm at a loss as to how the fall can be added after construction....

As for a slide, if you mean a sliding board, that can always be added after construction, with minor caviats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.