Jelly in Skimmer Sock

LBTRS

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Since adding a skimmer sock about two months ago I have this jelly like substance in the sock whenever I clean it. It isn't sticky, just a clear jelly substance. Each time I clean the skimmer basket (every other day) I can get several tablespoons of this out of the sock. I'm glad it's not going into my filter whatever it is but would be interested to know what it is.

Only chemicals used in water are:

Muriatic Acid
Cyanuric Acid
Pool Perfect once a month (remove suntan lotions)

Water test results:

FC: 4
CC: 0
TA: 90
Ph: 7.5
CYA: 60
CH: 570
Salt: 3400

Thank you.

Any baby diapers in this pool in the past? Those very absorbent types have a clear jelly that expands when wet. Goes from the size of a grain of salt to 1/4" round.

Also, some soil mixes contain the same stuff, Miracle Grow has one. If a planter fell over and spilled into the pool, that might be it.

I've never used floc but that'd be another guess.

anonapersona said:
Any baby diapers in this pool in the past? Those very absorbent types have a clear jelly that expands when wet. Goes from the size of a grain of salt to 1/4" round.

Also, some soil mixes contain the same stuff, Miracle Grow has one. If a planter fell over and spilled into the pool, that might be it.

I've never used floc but that'd be another guess.

Never had a child of diaper age in the pool. No planter has ever fallen into the pool. There are too large planter pots that sit right on the flagstone next to the pool but don't know of anytime the soil has got into the water.

Thanks for the ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.