Hello from Arizona

Uzona

Jul 10, 2007
Arizona
Greetings...

I'm glad I finally found my way to this forum. I've been visiting the other forum for over a year while we were planning our pool. The forum contained a wealth of knowledge but it was frustrating not being able to register and ask questions. It looks like that knowledge is starting to find it's way over to this forum. I'd like to thank everyone for contributing their time and sharing their expertise and experience.

We have a 15X30 AGP which was recently installed. I've been using the BBB method. I haven't had a need to add either Borax or baking soda as of yet. Bleach. CYA and Muriatic Acid has been all I've needed to add so far to keep my levels balanced. I picked up the Taylor K2006 test kit and have been using that to maintain my chemical levels with good success.

I want to thank Sean for starting this forum as a resource for newbies like me who are interested in the BBB method. I hope the community continues to grow and prosper.

I'm telling you Buggs, you're gonna have to stop this illegal recruitment of Arizona members. I don't know what you're doing, but the Texas Border Patrol is going to be contacting you soon!

Y'all are probably the reason we had so much rain last month! Yeah, let's blame it on Arizona!

Texans, get your pitchforks and torches and stand ready!

LOL!

Now Dave...that's not the Texas hospitality we were all born and bred to show...

Welcome to the forum Uzona...don't mind KTDave here...he's just a little grumpy because his pool is fool of rainwater instead of nice blue, refreshing swimming water :wink:

Now Uzona, in order for you to feel comfortable here, we have some basic rules that you have to follow from being from AZ instead of Texas (AKA Tejas) These were written into state law many years ago, so abiding by each of them is important!

1. Don't order a steak at a Waffle House. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know.

2. Don't laugh at folk's names. Merleen, Bodie, Luther Ray, Tammy, Mari Beth, Marva, Edna Earl and Inez have been known to whip a man's Rear for less than that.

3. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda; this can lead to a beating. Down here it's called Coke, even if you want a Pepsi, Sprite or Dr. Pepper. Got it?

4. Don't show allegiances to any other school football team but the Longhorns. All the others are a bunch of candy asses who play Wyoming every other week.

5. Don't call us a bunch of hillbillies. Most of us are better educated than you and a whole lot nicer to boot! We just talk that way to Tick you off.

6. Yes, we know the humidity is high; just quit your ********, spend your money and go home.

7. No, the state symbol of Texas is not the orange and white highway barrel. This road construction is ticking us off too.

8. Don't go to the Cracker Barrel and substitute toast for the biscuits. If you do this, everyone will know that you're from Nebraska. Just eat the biscuits like GOD meant for you to do. And do not order poached eggs. No one from the south eats eggs poached.

9. Don't try to talk with a southern accent if you don't have one or use regional idioms you can't possibly understand. Nothing makes us madder.

10. Our food isn't overcooked; yours is undercooked.

11. Down here, "Kiss my Rear" is a perfectly acceptable way to close an argument. You can't get more closure than that!

12. Flirting is a southern tradition. It doesn't mean you're going home with someone later. It doesn't mean the person flirting with you is even interested. It's all just practice.

13. Take your hat off when you say the words "Tom Landry".

OK, if you can follow all these rules, you will be excepted in this forum with open arms....

All joking aside, welcome. There is some great information here and a lot of good people.

ktdave said:
I'm telling you Buggs, you're gonna have to stop this illegal recruitment of Arizona members. I don't know what you're doing, but the Texas Border Patrol is going to be contacting you soon!

Y'all are probably the reason we had so much rain last month! Yeah, let's blame it on Arizona!

Texans, get your pitchforks and torches and stand ready!

LOL!

ROTFL!! Now, be careful there, I have Texas roots - my Daddy was and will always be a Texan. Brownwood/Bangs area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Texas is a fine state. My dad was from Texas as are most of my relatives. Tom Landry is an icon who will never be forgotten. My earliest and fondest sports memories are of Coach Landry, Roger Staubach and the great Cowboy teams of the 70's.

The Longhorns, not so much.. I'll stick with my Arizona Wildcats.

Arizona is a beautiful state, if you can take the heat. That's where having a pool comes in handy. If you want to know how hot it gets, our state tree is the Palo Verde. Palo Verde in Spanish means "green stick". This is a state whose idea of a tree is a green stick. :lol: