Air entering pump, blows bubbles into pool. Loss of suction

Oct 17, 2017
Kearny AZ
My pump has started sucking extra air causing loss of suction and bubble blow into pool at water return. I have replaced gaskets and miracle greased connections. I have to vent air from the top of the sand filter each time I connect my suction pool cleaner, and the clear chamber before the pump that catches leaves no longer fills totally with water. Any ideas?

O,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all of your bubble blowing questions... :shark:

A suction side air leak, as Marty points out above, is usually responsible for the problem you are having.

If it was working fine one day and then bad the next, what was it that you did in between? Anything?

Posting a picture of your suction side plumbing could also help us to help you...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I had one the other day where it was just low water level and there was vortex in the skimmer allowing air to get in. To avoid that one, keep the water level about half way up the skimmer opening. If the weir flapper is stuck down, sometimes the vortex can happen as well. You should hear some weird sucking sounds if either of those are happening.

Welcome to TFP! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.