Ok sorry total noob ?

This confused me too. Completely forget about the "Goal: Not SetUp" writing and look above that -- the box on the left is for your "now" reading and the box to the right of that is for your "target" reading. If you have a current FC reading of 2, put that in the left box. Go to the Chlorine/CYA chart to see what your target reading is -- if you want to get to 5 FC, put a "5" in the box on the right, under "target." Hope that helps. I'll be online for a little bit if you need more help -- I haven't figured out all of the calculator yet, but that part finally clicked.

Ok now I kind of understand it. But another ? my pool is an easyset 5600 gallon. I have 0 FC and 7.2 ph and all it says yo add is 46 oz of bleach. That seems kind of a low amount is it that strong? Also when it says so much by weight or volume is the so the amount x's your pool size?

If you tell the pool calculator your gallons, it will figure the exact amount for you. You don't need to multiply anything.

46 oz sounds like a typical amount. In your pool, one gallon of 6% bleach will raise your FC by about 11. 46oz is about 1/3 gallon so would raise FC by 3-4.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.