does the aqualogic generate while the 2 speed pump is on low

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
does the aqualogic generate while the 2 speed pump is on low?
This year i have been running the pump on low 20 hrs. On high 4 hrs while the polaris is running. trying to save a little$$$
i have a northstar 2sp pump (1.5hp) and 2" piping. this baby will move some H20. 22k pool. the pool has 6 returns, 2 skimmers and main drain. all are fine. Pool looks great! water is clear.
#'s are great. I've been using ben's/TFP test kits for years.
except my 2.5 yo SWG has stopped reading salt levels correctly and chlorine production is down. taylor kit reads salt @ 4000. The aqualogic reads 2300 and asking for salt. I've cleaned the cell twice this year and it has always looked fine. up to 65% output to get 2-3ppm. last couple of years only took 25%. No blooms, low bather load, regular water care, BBB etc.
the only change is the pump speed. on low it is only .25 hp. diag menu looks fine. flow switch fine.
I think the cell is going. i turn the pump on high for a few days and no change in chlorine #'s or SWG salt reading.
CYA 100 and shocking pool does not change anything SWG-wise.
you think it is a flow problem? too low for SWG to work correctly?

Cell display would read low/no flow if there was a problem so it sounds like it is working ok. Usually it takes very low speeds for there to be a problem.

It is possible that the SWG is wired so that it is only on when the pump is on high. This would be obvious, as all of the lights on the SWG panel would turn off when the pump was on low.

As long as the SWG panel lights say that the unit is happy while the pump is on low, then that isn't the problem.

It is possible the problem has to do with water chemistry. If you post a full set of water test results, we might be able to spot the problem there.

The Aqualogic combines the SWCG and pump control inot one unit. From your description it looks like the cell is bad. Bite my tongue but many Lesie's have the setup to test chlorination cells. Can't hurt to much.

Shock level for a CYA of 100 is about 40 FC.

The abscense of CC doesn't indicate there is not still a problem.

If your SWG isn't functioning properly, you should be maintaining a minimum of 7 FC at all times, using bleach to prevent algae.

Was the SWG off during the overnight loss test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.