Milky cloud and white particles

Jul 22, 2008
Arlington, Texas
Refer to http://www.troublefreepool.com/diary-of-a-swamp-t15087.html for the whole grueling tale but more specifically I brushed my pool this morning and noticed a lot of small white particles about the size of cal-hypo but I haven't added any in several days and I don't think it is plaster (hopefully) because basically my plaster right now just isn't that white. Secondly, I took a steel brush to the pool a little while ago brushing the top 6" or so and noticed a milky cloud as I brushed so I figured it must be dead algae. I went around the pool and when I got back to the place I started I noticed it was still doing it with the same intensity. I went around three times total and never seemed to stop. Any ideas?

Sounds like dead algae and other burnt up organic matter. I can go around and around my pool and I never seem to get all of it up in the water to get into the filter, so I have to break out the pool vac and vac it to waste. If I leave the filter on filter, it just fills up the sand filter then blows it the rest back into the pool.

I think you are right. I put the cleaner in the other day and when I emptied the bag there was a lot of the white stuff. It had a somewhat flowery feel to it. I have a crete myrtle above the pool that puts a lot of stuff in so maybe it was just bleached white.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.