Heater Won't Turn On

So I've got a pentair minimax nt, and turned it on last night to heat the pool for the weekend. Woke up this morning and I'm staring at an error message: E04, which according to the manual means there is a fan failure, but when I power it down and power it back up, the fan is coming on, I can smell the gas, it's just not igniting. Feels like an ignition problem, but then again, I don't know anything about pools or heaters, so that's just an uninformed guess at best.

I opened it up and did a hard reset, but to no avail. Did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Thanks for the advice, seems like something I'm gonna have to call a professional about. I took the doors off again and powered it down and back up and I can hear a click, then nothing, then I think something clicks on to vent all the gas out of it because I get a strong whiff of gas, but no ignition.
I appreciate the help.
Just hope I don't get slammed too bad by the pool repair company.

Lloyd

If you have some skills you can see about a igniter replacement is it a electronic or push button like a grill. If this the clicking kind like a grill you remove the wire on the back and replace it .This may help. If not then try a furnace /ac place they may do pool heaters cheaper then a pool company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.