Any ideas for additional circulation/return?

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Anyone have an idea for adding to or modifying my return so that I have some circulation at the other end of the pool? I have adjusted the return eye every which way and I am not satisfied with the circulation at the other end of the pool - I don't think we want to go to the work/trouble of installing a second return in the wall but wondering if some quick plumbing change or modification from the return inside the pool (like some of the fountain setups?) could help this situation. The return is about 18" to the left of the skimmer. Obviously, we keep it pointed towards the skimmer to channel the Crud into the skimmer area and that works well, but it seems like it moves around the pool well until it gets up to the end by the steps and we have so much less movement that the junk sits there until I brush it or the cleaner gets it. I would like to see some water movement there.

Have you tried pointing it away from the skimmer? This should, with a little tweeking, set you up with a circular flow and most of the debris ending up in the skimmer. Pointing it towards the skimmer will actually keep debris out of the skimmer :shock: with only 1 return and it being a scant 18" from the skimmer, the force of the return is too strong for the skimmer to overcome :(

If you haven't already, please give this a try and see if you don't get a little better circulation and more stuff being picked up by the skimmer :-D

Yep, unfortunately that was tried out last year and just didn't do much. The eye is now pointed down so it does really do a good job on that side, but nothing from the other end (on the other side of the steps) whether it's pointed there or not - there isn't enough flow to get that far away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.