Time to replace controls

Jun 1, 2015
Tx
I have a Compool system that needs replaced. CP3800 / LX3800.
Pool and spa are separate sharing equipment. My research so far points towards using a smart device instead of a wall mounted control panel gives more bang for the buck. Any reccomendations? What's working for you?

All of them burned/melted? That does not sound right. Also, that is not part of the automation (no electrical connection). The automation sends low voltage signal to the relays' coil, and the coil's (EM) causes the switch to close. IOW, there is no high voltage connection to the automation. Heat damage at the relay terminal block suggests too much current draw through the block, or loose connection(s) at the block, or both. If you are having trouble with the automation other than the melted blocks, the melted blocks may not be your only problem. When you get things back up and running, i would check the amperage draw through each relay AND terminal block (Replacement relays come with a new block). You can expect to pay ~$100 each through brick and mortar shops. Those relays will work on both your existing automation and the Easytouch U/G.

Pool Clown. Thanks for your response. Just the terminal block for the main pump is burnt. I don't believe there are any issues other than that. The pump motor was going out. Probably causing a high draw. It sure was making some noise. I found the relays with blocks you mentioned on the Pentair site.
I have replaced my 2 HP superlfow pump with a 3 HP intelliflow. (currently wired up to the outside breaker) The normal replacement relay is part# RLYLX. Would it be a correct assumption to use the RLYLX3HP now that I have the 3 HP intelliflow pump?
Thank you for the help. I had not been able to find these relays with blocks until you mentioned it. All the locals want to replace the entire system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.