Hi, just joined today. I have no experience with pools, but am wanting to learn. I live in a condo in Mexico and as one of only a few full timers, I have been asked to help out. We currently have a pool maintenance man looking after the day to day testing, vacuuming etc. What I would like to find out with this post is, how do I determine how often our pool water should been turned over. I have checked the Hayward site and printed off the owners manual for our pump and it states 80 gpm with 2" pipe. Another source from Hayward states 80 gpm up to 159 gpm, depending on head pressure. I believe I need to clarify this gpm info before I can figure out a turn over rate. Can someone direct me to the correct location on this board for help?

Many thanks,
Ken

If my math was right, you should run the pump for 8.3 hours to get one turn over at 80GPM and not accounting for head. If you are trying to run it for the least amount of time, then adjust the timer less every few days until the water stops looking crystal clear and you found your minnimum run time.

40000 gals / 80gpm = 500m

500m / 60m = 8.333333333 hours

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.