Aquarite output percentage malfunctioning

Jun 10, 2009
Louisiana
i have an aquarite and about a week ago i turned the gain down from 65% to 25% and i am sitll getting an fc of 10.5 and i only had 20ppm cya the whole time. i added cya 3-4 days ago. i can turn the gain up and hear it trip at 65% so that tells me that there is that percentage of fc in thte pool. i dont understand why i havent had any fc loss in that amount of time with almost no cya.

The SWG has no idea what the chlorine level in the pool is. Whatever you think "i can turn the gain up and hear it trip at 65%" means, you are wrong. It is not like a heater, where the unit turns on when you turn the dial above the current temperature. A SWG turns on based on it's internal notion of being on that percentage of the time.

Ok i guess that was a stupid question. i called goldine and they explained that it works on acycle and puts out whatever % you put it on each cycle. i thought that it was kinda like a thermostat and recogonised weather or not it needed to produce. but then none of us would need to buy stuff to test chlorine.

i cant fugure out why no one has designed something that can monitor all your levels and put it in swg units. but then those ones they have at the pool store never work properly.

There is a sensor that can measure the FC level, but it costs several thousand dollars. PH sensors are more practical at only a couple of hundred dollars. I don't think there are any TA, CH, or CYA sensors that would be useful in an automation system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.