FAS/DPD Kit

Jul 19, 2009
South Alabama
I have been on the site for less than a week and have already cleared up a problem I had been struggling with for the past month and a half. Thanks.

I went to the Leslie's pool store in town and bought a test kit as soon as I signed on here so I could get started testing my own water. The kit I got has everything I need except the FAS/DPD chlorine test. I have learned that I can buy that kit separately here. I am wondering if anyone can tell me approximately how many tests that kit will provide?

Also a question on the TF test kit offered on this site. Does it use Taylor regeants?

The TF100 uses Taylor reagents. YOu can't buy it here, you can buy it here. Not the same site.

Both TFTestkits.net and Taylor sell the individual FAS-DPD test for around $25, but you get more reagent with the TF version. It should last you at LEAST 2 seasons, assuming you aren't clearing up algae or converting from Baq goo.

yes it is all taylor reagents. if you can still take the one you bought back, I would highly recommend it, and get a tf100 kit. but he sells the fas-dpd test by itself also.
http://www.tftestkits.net/index.php?act ... oductId=23

there is no way to tell how many tests it will provide. it depends on your readings. if your chlorine levels is 10ppm, you will use twice as much reagent as someone with a 5ppm level. the powder is fairly consistent, but different people use different amounts of that too. I have been using the fas-dpd test almost daily since april and I probably would have run out of the r-0871 fluid by now (I filled it when it was getting low) but I still have enough powder for several tests.

To add to reebok's excellent answer, the R-0871 contains 30ml (1 oz) of R-0871. My wife the nurse tells me there are 25 drops per ml in most water-like solutions. That's somewhere around 750 drops per bottle. If you use 20 drops each time.....37.5 tests. 10 drops each time......75 tests.

From what I read here on the forum, I don't think it yields quite that much but it is an indicator.

Thanks, I really appreciate the quick response here. I have made so many tests with the kit I bought, I don't think it would be fair to return it even if they would take it back. It is a good kit except for the FAS/DPD. I have now ordered that kit to supplement mine. I think this will be fine.

The TFP site and the FAS/DPD test kit have been such great tools for pool care, I feel the need to say THANKS!
Well, honestly, Thanks to all of you that believe in the methods the folks teach on this forum (Yeah, it works, doesn't it? :lol: ) and Thanks to all of you for supporting the kit so wonderfully.

Gar, those are very nice words....we sincerely appreciate them.

duraleigh said:
To add to reebok's excellent answer, the R-0871 contains 30ml (1 oz) of R-0871. My wife the nurse tells me there are 25 drops per ml in most water-like solutions.
The Taylor reagent bottles (and tftestkits.net kits based on them) are manufactured to dispense 24 drops per milliliter and are guaranteed to be within one drop of that (for accuracy).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.