I keep hearing people say do that you can't smell chlorine when it's used correctly and I'm wondering if that's literal or just a relative term. I don't notice a chlorine smell when I'm just swimming in the pool most of the time, but I do get the occasional whiff and when I get my sample to test each day, I usually give it a good sniff (to get a hint as to whether I should test for CC or not) and can definitely tell the chlorine is in there even when my test shows 0 CC.
I test my water each evening and bump my FC to 8 with 6% (it's generally around 6.5PPM by the end of the day), CC is 0 most days (about twice a week, it'll read .5 in the evening, but zero by morning). CYA is about 70, I keep pH 7.4-7.6. I think TA is about 115 and cH is 220. My Borates are about 50.
The chlorine smell isn't annoying or anything.. I don't really notice unless I'm thinking about it, but I'm wondering if others really don't smell it at all?