Where to get muriatic acid?

RichTJ99

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Katonah NY
Hi

I am looking for suggestions on where to buy muriatic acid locally. I think I could get it at Home Depot or Lowe's but I don't know if that's the right concentration level. Otherwise is there a decent online source to buy a gallon?

Thanks

Rich

I buy mine at Home Depot. Comes in a package of two, one gallon bottles and is the same strength as what they sell at Leslie's. Home Depot keeps them out so you can just grab it yourself. At Leslie's you have to wait for someone to get it from the back.

Our HD only sells the "green" kind which is about half the concentration. Lowes has full strenghth, it's listed on the bottle. In the paint section, it's sold for etching concrete before finishing.

I've heard you can get it at some pools stores, too, but have never had to look.

Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, any "big box store", local hardware store, paint store. As for strength it's like bleach. You just need to punch the strength into "Pool Math" and it will tell you how much to use.

I bought this summer's supply at Lowes. Four gallons and still have 1.5 left! Whatever strength it is, it works perfectly according to the addition chart in the Taylor kit pamphlet. I add what they say and my ph adjusts to what I want it to be. (managing ph has been easier this summer for some reason...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.