Protection for salt cell power cord

Hello all. Bought a Hayward T Cell this year. Had no issues but when we closed down I noticed the cord was nearly chewed all the way through, I'm really surprised it was still working. Anyway I have the RJ model that mounts to the return. The power cord has to run from there back to the wall mounted control. Is anyone aware of some options to protect this cable from nature's pests?

I've never had any problems with my cord. However, you could go to a hardward store and get some clear plastic tubing (it would have to be wide enough to fit the plug through it, or you could take an exacto knife and slit it lengthwise and put the cord in there, and then maybe wrap some duct tape around it once you have the cord in). Just thinking off the top of my head so not sure how good my idea is.

Wow, I've never had any issues with my cord either...I wonder what animal thought it had a good taste?! My only issue is it gets grimy from being out in the weather. I keep my cord wrapped with a Velcro tie so there isn't a lot hanging down, but this is just to keep it out of my way when I am weedeating (but not so tight that it is stressed). I think mickey4paws idea would work. I just replaced my dishwasher and I think the large plastic drainline might work for what you need.

Hello all. Bought a Hayward T Cell this year. Had no issues but when we closed down I noticed the cord was nearly chewed all the way through, I'm really surprised it was still working. Anyway I have the RJ model that mounts to the return. The power cord has to run from there back to the wall mounted control. Is anyone aware of some options to protect this cable from nature's pests?

The non metallic conduit can be used if you can find a way to fasten it. (duct tape?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.