slipery liner

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Hi guy
all is going very well with my pool, but i have noticed that my liner is very slipery, is this normal? i have brushed it and does not see to make a differace. i have a polaris 280 with a tail and i run it all the time to....here are my numbers
FC 6
cc .05
TC 6.5
ph 7.4
Ta 70
CYA 55
TH 280

will do that, if i do have somthing growing which iam pretty sure i dont, Because i am using about 1 to 2 ppm every day...
I am leaving on vaction on sunday i am going to shock then, because no one is taking care of it....
i will let you know what happens in the morning...
thanks
jim

well i did the over night FC test and i have no loss. I am leaving on Sunday for a week and I am going to raise my FC up to shock levels, so maybe that will get rid of the slippery liner.... we will see when i get home...
And i will want in it when i get back, because we are going dry camping,,, NO running water!!! real camping LOL but we will be in our 28ft trailer with a slide out... so not really camping!!!
thanks guys

I call it "parking in the woods". Dry camping, no thanks - that's too much "roughing it" for me...

Have fun!.

If its still slippery, I'd advise you shock it when you get back and brush it like crazy while at shock level.

hayfarmer said:
And i will want in it when i get back, because we are going dry camping,,, NO running water!!! real camping LOL but we will be in our 28ft trailer with a slide out... so not really camping!!!

We just got back from a week of dry camping. We do sheep herding with our dogs and had a terrific offer of taking care of someone's flock for the week. Our rig is a very small 17 ft Casita, no shower, no toilet. We camped in a pasture and while we were able to run an extension cord to a barn for lights, fridge and A/C the only access to water was dipping a bucket into a dug well. They do have a chemical toilet set up so we weren't really roughing it.

And yes, we plunged into the pool when we returned!

I had brought it to 15 FC and put on the solar cover. The pump was off. Crystal clear water at FC = 9 and some tree bracts on the bottom. I shudder to think what would have happened if I didn't use BBB.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I turn mine off because:

* if there's a power failure and the breaker trips when it comes back on the pump will be off anyway;
* if something large gets blown into the pool and clogs the skimmer basket the pump might fail;
* if the plumbing or something springs a leak and the pool partially drains the pump will fail;
* the sky could fall :)

My philosophy is, and I learned it here, I know how to deal with green water and buying a bunch of bleach would be a lot less expensive than having to buy a new pump.

I've come back to clean water after a 7 day absence and I've come back to green water after being gone 3 weeks. If I had someone reliable to pool sit I would leave things run but since I don't, I shock it, cover it, turn it off and drive away.

As to the slippery liner, mine gets that way sometimes. I think it's the beginning of an algae bloom. I do nothing special if my water tests out fine, especially the CCs. I brush the bottom and the steps after adding what chlorine it might need and that's about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.