TFP...a Hurricane Irma tested victory!

Ecoke

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2017
Ocala, FL (Central FL)
Folks...I've been MIA around here for a bit..just reporting how incredibly the TFP method proved itself through the mess formerly known as IRMA.

I had well balanced water 3 days before Irma hit. I had just increased CYA to 50 due to heavy summer rain dilution. Fearing the worst...the day of Irma for us (Sunday) I dumped in a gallon of 10% CL. We lost power the following morning. Our power was off 4 days. I have a screened lanai over the pool and it survived intact but incredible amounts of branches, leaves, and "stuff" on roof and blown about. Lots of dirt looking stuff in the pool. We received about 10 1/2" of rain over the 2 1/2 days. I again dumped a gallon of 10% CL in on Tuesday. The wife and I swam to cool off and I made sure to mix up the water the best I could. Our power returned Thursday 5 pm. I started the pump...let it run all night vacuuming...tested the water the next morning...and woohoo....I had to add 20 oz of chlorine. I let the pump run until noon...shut it off..did a full battery of tests...and...was amazed that my pristine pool was already back and was flabbergasted by the little effort it took to get it back to my new normal!

This is my first summer using TFP methods...my pool has been sparkly clear since May 28th...and even ole hurricane Irma....couldn't derail my TFP POOL! This stuff works...This stuff works...this stuff works... but most of you already new that!

Thanks everyone who teaches us and supports this awesome community!

Ed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.