How deep is water?

G

In my pool vacuuming last night and decided to sort of mark water level and check when I got out to see approximate depth of water. Water appears to be about 4-6" below the top of the wall sections. I am supposed to have a 52" wall on my pool, but thinking it may only be a 48"? The water level is only around 41-42". I am new to the pool world and not sure how the above grounds are measured. When they advertise a 52" wall, does that mean the actual wall, or the total height including the top rail?

Just sitting at work thinking about this and getting a bit upset at PB if they installed a 48" and it was supposed to be 52". Not sure what the cost difference would be, but I will not be happy if I find they have installed wrong pool. I was thinking someone on here would have the answer for me, since the house is about 30 miles away from work!

Thanks for any help.

Edd

That question can be answered many ways. First off, that model pool does in fact come in both the 48" and 52" models so it is possible the 48" was installed.

Secondly, the actual water depth of your pool will have several factors - wall height, sand depth under the liner and if the pool is dished at all, where the skimmer sits (how high on the wall) and how high on the skimmer you fill your pool.

Check your model first to be sure which one you got.

Thanks for the reply. I checked when I got home and the walls are 52". After checking with a measuring tape, the water level is about 44" give or take.

Guess I have seen too many storeis of folks being 'pool stored' and it got me thinking!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.