Closing pool when water is 74 degrees

You can put the winter cover on it, bring it to SLAM level and have the pump either run continuously or on a timer while you are gone. Once the water is 60 you should be fine to complete the closing.

If you follow the closing procedures well and open before the water warms back up in the spring then it isn't a huge issue. Pool might be green when you open, but you know how to correct that problem if it happens.

I know what you mean about the leaves coming down. In my area, the surrounding trees often dictate the closing date...not the temps. Let it get away from you and you'll find yourself spending an entire afternoon vacuuming and skimming those leaves out before you can close. Have you thought about investing in a proper leaf cover?

This 35x60 pool is just to big for leave cover. I wouldn't be able to get the leaves off without the leaves going back into the pool. The bottom of the pool is all green already due to this storm. It's going to take all day to vacuum. I'm closing it down tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.