Adding tripper to timers

Aug 19, 2017
dover, delaware
so i have a 1 speed pump on my pool and currently have my SWG at 40% for 12 hours, so really the SWG is only on for 4.8 hours. So i was thinking wouldnt it be easy to just add trippers to my timer so my pump and swg can go turn on and off more times out of the day, and just turn my SWG to 100%. maybe on for 1 hour and off for one 1 hour. that should atleast cut my energy in half right.

Sure you can add more trippers to turn on and off the pump. Many people do that. I am not sure there is much advantage to going to more than 2 run periods though (day and night).

I might suggest running 3 hours during the day and 2 hours at night and bumping up the SWG output ... running the SWG at 100% for the minimum amount of time possible will lower the electric bill as much as you can.

That would be fine too ... it really does not make too much difference when you run the pump. With a SWG, I often would run at night to bump up the FC level when there is no sun to worry about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.