Are you supposed to use a silicone lubricant on light gasket

VoR

Jun 30, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just replaced my lens gasket for my light a couple of weeks ago and today I noticed its got several inches of water inside of it again. Are you supposed to use something like magic lube or should the new gasket do it alone? Maybe I did not tighten the ring down enough?

It's a Pentair Amerilite 500W

I use jack's lube. When I ordered a replacement bulb for a Aqualumin II it game with new screws and a new gasket! score!

Anyways, this has always been an issue for us; if the light is old we usually recommend a whole new light to stop issues like this from happening those factory seals can be hard to seal back up once opened. Try it again if you want, let everything dry out take out the gasket and clean it first then lubercate it and scrub where the gasket will sit with a tooth brush. bottom line is make the area where the seal is as clean as possible and lubricate the gasket.

Reactions: newbie919
Thanks for the tips, I finally pulled it out and redid it. I used a CLR type product to get the lens and housing real clean and scrubbed with a scotchbrite pad. Lubbed it up and reinstalled. Should I run it for a long time or short time at first?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.