Suggestions for good wireless video camera to record pool build

Jul 18, 2017
North Canton/Ohio
Pool will be started in less than a month but I would like to be able to check on the progress while i am away from home. Does anyone have suggestions for a good wireless video camera that I can purchase? Also, would it be better to mount inside the house looking out the window or outside the house by the gutter? Any ideas/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I see many videos on YouTube using this:

https://www.amazon.com/Brinno-BCC10...1505784273&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=brinno&psc=1

I still have it in my cart but my build started sooner than I thought.

+1 I did my whole build with this it is awesome. I suggest setting at the highest quality and go with 1 minute intervals.

fyi: When it is running the only way you can tell is the green led when it is actively taking pictures. Whenever you stop it automatically makes the latest timelapse video. So if you start and stop a lot you'll have a bunch of files to string together. I use Adobe Premier Elements but any video editor will work. It does not include an application to do this.

Depending on what you want to spend and if you want to use it for security after the build I would look at a wired set. If you have a costco membership they have a 4 or 8 channel pack of cameras for outdoor use and the recorder. They also have a few wireless solutions.

I have this one and it is idiot-proof. It just needs to go on your network (wired or wireless) and it connects to the d-link site (meaning no firewall setup at all) and makes itself available. You login via web browser or phone app and it shows real time. It also has a speaker and a mic you can talk two way to the other end (if you have an external speaker that you would add). I have mine going through the window I see just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061MU0A6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm thinking I'll use my go pro mounted inside an upstairs window and just leave it plugged in. Hoping to set it on time lapse and just check the memory every once in a while?

Timelapse is an afterthought for gopros. I looked into them. Almost no options. The Brinno is designed for exactly this task. It'll sit watching and recording for 4 months without even thinking about it on 1 set of batteries. They are also wide angle so they get the entire shot in one frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.