Return pressure

Page99

Sep 18, 2017
East Hartland/CT
I'm at a loss. I'm a new pool owner, I have a 20' round above ground pool with a Hayward power Flo matrix pump and Hayward perflex ec50 DE filter. When I start my system and regenerate the filter, I get a hard stream out of the return but after awhile (45 min to an hour) the return is very weak/slow. The pressure listed on the filter is a consistent 22. I have taken the whole thing apart, cleaned everything, looked for leaks, checked O rings and tried again with no DE. I'm at a loss about what could be wrong or what else I could try. Could it be the pump? I don't think it is because it starts off strong and the pressure on the filter stays consistent, but I can't think of anything else. If I shut it off and regenerate, it will be strong again and gradually fade out. ANY ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Can you give us a complete set of test results? Is the water crystal clear or cloudy? Do you have algae? How do you chlorinate?

Take care.

P,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners that can't handle the "Pressure"... :shark:

Except for your pressure gauge staying at 22 lbs., what you describe is normally due to the filter doing what it was designed to do... filter all the gunk from your pool water.

The reason Marty wants to know your test results, if your water is clear, or if you have algae, is because algae, even if not visible, is the primary reason for the problem you are seeing.

It does not take very long for a small DE filter to become plugged up...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.