Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorine 10% on sale at Safeway (at least in Tucson AZ)

Wildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Pool Essentials 10% on sale two gallons for $5 in Tucson area. Since they are owned by Albertsons they may have it too.
Date code 165 2017, not bad, June 14.Stored inside too. Not sure how long the sale lasts, but they had a big display

I had only seen this brand before at WalMart, regular price is like $6.75 for 2 gallons, not bad but $4.99 is better. Made in Ontario California.

If you're in Tucson, eKonomy pools sells 4-up refillable gallons of 12.5% HASA liquid chlorine for a little over $3.50 per gallon. It's fresh and high strength....and no throw-aways.

If you're in Tucson, eKonomy pools sells 4-up refillable gallons of 12.5% HASA liquid chlorine for a little over $3.50 per gallon. It's fresh and high strength....and no throw-aways.
Great non-sale price but the by my calculation this price is 4% of CL per dollar and the Ekonomy price is 3.5 % per dollar. I will check it out when I run out of this sale item. Thanks

What is a 4-up?

You get a yellow safety carrier with four, 1 gallon jugs in it. So you pay a refundable, one time $6 down payment for the carrier (you get the $6 back if you stop using it) and then pay a little over $3.50 per gallon. I buy muriatic acid from them in 4-ups all the time and I pay about $20 plus change for four 1 gallon jugs of full strength MA. So that works out to about $4.75/gallon excluding tax. It's the cheapest MA you'll find (outside of a sale) in my opinion. I don't use liquid chlorine, but if I did I would buy it from them.

And, as I said, they are reusable/refillable so there's no throwing away lots of jugs in your recycle bin.

+1 for Ekonomy.

They're also a no-hassle pool store. They've never batted an eye at my using TFP methods, and when I had a question about my returns (they're jammed and of a style I've never seen before), the owner himself came out to look at them to give me a quote on replacing them, and when he saw what they were, called one of his expert pool refurbishers and had the guy tell me how to fix them myself for free. He didn't charge me for the visit. I've been extremely happy with them and their service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.