blowing aqua genies ideas

Jun 9, 2014
new york
hello!!
closing pool time!!!! Everyone with aqua genies experience!!!! please share ideas how to blow them..

i'd like to use only cover for skimmers without draining water below skimmers

what compressor better use(how many gallons) or shop vac???

thanks

Janosik81:

Can you please add your signature. Also, can you explain what an "aqua genies" is? Regarding closing your pool, I need to know a little bit more about the pool. How many skimmers, main drains, returns, heaters, valves, etc. What type of filter, multiport, etc.

Pictures would be real helpful.

Regarding compressors and/or blowers, there has been success with a shop vac, a regular pancake compressor and a pool blower (The Cyclone). All depends on your system, and no, you do not need to lower your water below the skimmers, but is always recommended. Thank you.

aqua genie is skimmer with return built in.. skimmer and return in one.
didnt know that if i ask about blowing lines imoprtant is to inform about heater, filter... but anyway will add signature, it's just im new pool owner since few weeks..

Pictures are helpful as I can direct you with your own system. You can also read this post:

The concept of closing an inground swimming pool

We need to know how the aqua genie is plumbed in order for me to advise you properly. At your convenience, please take some pictures and upload. Different angles of plumbing would be helpful. If not, please describe in detail how everything is set up with pump, unions, etc.

UPDATE:

I saw a picture of the Aqua Genie. It appears from the picture that you can plug the return side with a black expandable rubber plug and possibly use a Gizmo for the skimmer.

aqua genie skimmer basket - Google Search

I was going to post this exact question in the coming weeks. I also have 2 aqua genies, and am looking to winterize them for the first time. Could you share more details about the black expandable rubber plug that can be used? All the ones I have seen are too tall to fit into the return slot.

For original poster in addition to Gizmo's I am planning on using a couple of the aqua genie winter covers. It's my first year closing so we'll see how this all works out.

Broschb:

Again, I will point out that you must know the plumbing configuration of the aqua genie. If the skimmer/return combination leads to the same place, this tells me that the water is being pulled and returned to the same place. The plumbing must go back to the pump/filter area as there is no way around this. If so, then air must be blown through the system and capped off.

If there is a threaded area in the skimmer and enough room, a Gizmo is best to use due to ice expansion. If no threads, then a black rubber expandable plug is best to be used. You may even be able to close off the area and vacuum the water out of the piping, and then clear with a blower.

#4 Swimming Pool Winter Freeze Plug - 3/4 Pipe | Yardandpool.com

Yes my plug is behind winter cover . i replaced it with skimmer return nozzle/jet. First i installed my plug , rubber gasket stayed in place. Later i blown return line from skimmer to filter(filter was disconnected before... Of course). When return line was blown i installed water gate and then blown skimmer suction line.
There was small amount of water left behind water gate on bottom. I used harbor freigjt transfer pump... Thats would be all

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.