question about pool calculator and effects of adding chems

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
If I put in the pool calculator that I have a 1000 gallon pool and have a "now" CYA of 20 and a "target" CYA of 40, I read the calculator to tell me to add 2.7 ounces by weight of dichlor.

If I go down to the "effects of adding chemicals" field, if I enter 2.7 ounces of dichlor, it tells me it will raise CYA by 10. Seems like it should day it will raise CYA by 20. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

crek31 said:
If I put in the pool calculator that I have a 1000 gallon pool and have a "now" CYA of 20 and a "target" CYA of 40, I read the calculator to tell me to add 2.7 ounces by weight of dichlor.
Actually, that is 2.7 ounces by weight of stabilizer (cyanuric acid) NOT dichlor. :wink:

If I go down to the "effects of adding chemicals" field, if I enter 2.7 ounces of dichlor, it tells me it will raise CYA by 10. Seems like it should day it will raise CYA by 20. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.