Opinions on Hayward micro star clear pump/filter system?

Jul 6, 2009
Tucson AZ
The impeller of my Intex 635 self-destructed and they refuse to supply replacements. :evil: This has happened to so many people online that I don't want another Intex.

My local Leslies has a combo unit ("skid pack") for 269 with 20 SF cartridge filter and 2400 GPH pump. I can't find anything under the model # C2001540LSS but I think it must be similar to the C2251540LSS.

If anyone has any experience with this unit, I'd love to hear it. Since it has the same 1-year warranty as the Intex, I'm wondering if it's just going to die in a year too.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Opinions on Hayward 1/2 hp pump & filter combo?

If you can get that size pump with a larger size filter, you'd be better off. The bigger the filter the better filtration. So if you doubled the size of the filter, you can go longer between cleanings.

Good luck in your search.

Re: Opinions on Hayward 1/2 hp pump & filter combo?

In case anyone else is considering this unit, I went and looked at it. It is actually a slightly smaller version of the micro star clear system that Hayward currently sells for $300 that comes with a 25 SF filter. Both use Hayward's Power Flo LX 40 GPM pump.

Thanks Adam for that link. I already paid for a new 2500 GPH Intex that's supposed to ship out today. I'll keep an eye on this though since even though it's only rated 1200 GPH I'm pretty sure it's better than the Intex. If I can get it for a good price, it would be worth returning the Intex and paying a re-stocking fee. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.