Cyclone for central vac

Pookie:

I was just going through some unanswered threads and saw this one.

There are two scenarios:

The hose (30' in length) is clogged. Just blow air with the 1.5" 3' hose through the hose. Best to do outside as all sorts of debris goes flying.

The suction is clogged. I have 4 ports in the house. Check each one to see if anyone is clogged and just open the flap (can leave on or off as this does not matter). The Cyclone will clear out the lines to the vacuum.

When doing this, blow air for a few seconds and back off. Then perform the function again, and again until you clear the line. This is to prevent backpressure.

Pookie:

You could also remove the cover on the central vacuum (mine is in the basement) and allow debris to be blown all the way down. I had to cut my plumbing in 4 parts and they make special adapters or couplings. Never glued them back together for this reason. The Cyclone idea came way later. I even had a crack right underneath the floor board and used black gorilla tape, which works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.