Problem with a Hayward 400ILDL2 model

May 29, 2009
TO GADawgFan:
I have the same problem with a Hayward 400ILDL2 model; the link provided by the other poster that showed the drawing had an an ingnition board only or a panel/bezel keypad; Did you replace one or both? I'm not sure what to order.

Like yours, first year was fine, then downhill. Last year, the temp control on front would not go up or down (stayed at 82 and could not be adjusted). At last of season, would not flame up to heat. Guy who closed our pool said "probably a circuit board, for about $600 plus".

So...curious to know which you ordered, or which part number.

Thanks!

Re: Hayward H400 Ignition Failure

This is the e-mail that I got from Hayward Tech:

HAXCPA1932 is the control module w/display. HAXCPA3253 is the control
module w/display and the metal front panel that it is attached to.

My heater is actually a H250ED2. The strange thing about it was the 3253 was about $50 cheaper than the 1932 part. I paid $248 before taxes. The module was already attached to the panel so all I had to do was plug in the few wires and I was done. The newer display was much brighter than my old one.

PS....welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the reply!

I read in the piping reply that your control worked a couple of days, then your whole unit died? What happened? What did the parts company say? (wrong part? short? ...like you, hate to compound any non-investment or problem).

Thanks!

The heater just died, no lights or anything on the display and does not attempt to fire. It ran about 5 hours total when I installed it. I tested the power and it has has the correct voltage coming out of the transformer to the control module. Mypool.com asked me to mail it back to them and they would replace at no charge.

I was able to put the original module back in and it had power, so I felt it had to be some defect on the new module. Mailed it back Wednesday, so I hope to have it back next week.

Great news! I was about to order the circuit board, but
decided to check and clean them; then took the top off the heater. The blower fan is at the top and low and behold....the two flexible hoses to the blower were so dried out (only 3 yrs old) they were like hard plastic (rather than rubber, and had cracked. We broke them off, cleaned off the old dried up hose from the connection, cut the hose back to where it was flexible, and reattached them. We fired up the heater before we put the top back on, and it worked!! :-D

Hope this can help someone!

Guys,

Thanks for the help. I had spider webs in my orafice...lol. My heater is in it's second year of operation. I would have felt really dumb having the service guy charge me for spiders webs.

Best regards,

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.