northstar 2 spped pump

May 27, 2009
Ive been building my own liner pool now for the last 4 weeks and have it 95 % finished but i need help wiring the pump its a 2 speed northstar and i have it running on high speed only 24 hours a day does anyone out there have a wiring diagram to wire this up right . I know i need some type of switch for low and high speed but need help wiring it in thanks in advance Brian

There should be a diagram on the motor. Is there not? You'll have three wires + ground. You should have three terminals labeled on the diagram:

- Low: receives 120v when low speed is on, 0v when high speed is on.
- High: 120v when high speed is on, 0v when low speed is on.
- Line (or COM, or Neutral): The third terminal is permanently neutral (120v motor) or 120v (whichever leg you're NOT switching between low and high speed on a 240v motor).

So with a 240v motor, one 120v line will be hardwired to the LINE terminal, the other 120v line will go the switch which will then change between high and low.

spishex said:
There should be a diagram on the motor. Is there not? You'll have three wires + ground. You should have three terminals labeled on the diagram:

- Low: receives 120v when low speed is on, 0v when high speed is on.
- High: 120v when high speed is on, 0v when low speed is on.
- Line (or COM, or Neutral): The third terminal is permanently neutral (120v motor) or 120v (whichever leg you're NOT switching between low and high speed on a 240v motor).

So with a 240v motor, one 120v line will be hardwired to the LINE terminal, the other 120v line will go the switch which will then change between high and low.
spishex,
Thanks for the info pump is running the way it should be with your help. thanks again Brian :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.