Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Extreme CYA Flood Loss>>Don't let this happen to you

1. Back To Top    #1

Extreme CYA Flood Loss>>Don't let this happen to you

Greetings. Just in case this happens to someone else-- Post-Harvey biblical rains I began a preemptive SLAM. My CYA had dropped to 30 from 40 pre-storm. From that point I kept noting extreme daily loss of FC and figured I had occult algae growth. CC averaged 1.0 - 1.5. Water became crystalline fairly quickly. Continued SLAM. One week into SLAM I ran another CYA: below 20, probably way below! Once I restored CYA, daily FC loss stopped. Lesson: keep checking that CYA . Best of luck to all Harvey and Irma members.
    In-ground gunnite, 24k gal., Hayward DE filter, bleach, borate, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, 75% full sun

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Extreme CYA Flood Loss>>Don't let this happen to you

We always recommend to check CYA after any large scale water exchange.

Glad to hear Harvey was kind to you and your family.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Extreme CYA Flood Loss>>Don't let this happen to you

I just lost about 30% - 40% of my CYA, salt, and CH from Irma so I hear ya...
    -Tim-
    Pool: 86 gunite/plaster screened IG 11K 14' X 29', Hayward 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Hayward SwimPure 40K SWCG, Hayward Poolvergnuegen autovac,
    Heat: 280 sq ft Ultrasun solar Panels, Pentair Solartouch Cont, (solar cover and reel)
    Tests: Taylor K-2006C & K-1766 w/ speedstir