Empty Pebble-tec pool info needed

Jul 1, 2009
We will be moving into a new to us home that has a Pebble-tec pool that has been empty for a few months. The finish appears to be in excellent shape with no visible cracks or damage. The return eyeballs and downjets need replacing and the maindrain will be brought up to code. When we spoke with the pool's builder, they showed no concern with the pool being empty for that period of time. Another pool builder suggested acid washing the finish to bring back the luster of the pebble-tec. An individual mentioned that direct sun may harm the finish. They did not know the finish was pebble-tec though.

Any opinions, suggestions, recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :goodjob:

The opening process should start in about two weeks. :party:

[attachment=0:1y9hxvdd]pool1.jpg[/attachment:1y9hxvdd]

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 334
I don't know anything about pebble tec but I do like the lay out, especially the entrance, of the pool. It'd be nice to see it full and operational again! :cool:

Why was the pool empty? How do you know if there is no leak without filling it?

The large pebble can be out of the water but the sheen and fina don't fair well out of the water.

Frank R said:
Why was the pool empty? How do you know if there is no leak without filling it?

The large pebble can be out of the water but the sheen and fina don't fair well out of the water.

It is a bank owned home. We are hoping the bank had the pool drained for mosquito issues. no obvious water level stains lower than "normal" so that is a plus. And no dried out crud on the bottom. We will find out! I do not see any obvious signs of problems. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.