My Polaris turtle stopped changing direction, so I replaced the piston, the black cylinder, and the spinning white tube/filter.
Now the turtle moves back and forth, but the randomizer ball is stuck on one outlet so the turtle only moves left.
A few questions:
1) Where does the randomizer ball go? in the section of the housing so it can bounce between the 2 rear outlets or in the front of the clear housing so it can bounce between the 2 front outlets?
2) Is the spinning white tube supposed to physically connect to the piston (the plastic that holds the filter in the spinning white tube connects into the piston tube)
3) What exactly is supposed to make the ball bounce? the spinning white tube is spinning but doesn't seem to have enough pressure(?) to dislodge the ball from the outlet it is currently blocking.
4) Should the ball bounce between the front and the back of the clear cylinder (alternately blocking a forward port or a backward port) or just stay in the front or back?
5) In the "directions" I got with the new piston, it said to locate the small hole in the piston perpendicular to the tabs on the black cylinder. Why is this? What does the hole in the piston do?
6) If I cannot get the ball to start bouncing, what do I try? Cleaning the ball, cleaning the inside of the clear cylinder? replacing the ball/cylinder? The spinning tube/piston seems to be moving correctly, but I can't figure what will get the ball to start bouncing.
Thanks in advance for any help, I feel I'm getting close to getting the tutrle working again, just need that last little fix that I'm missing.