Slick Bottom

May 31, 2009
pH - 7.8
TA - 100
FC - 3
TC - 3.5
CYA - 10

Was swimming in the pool yesterday and i noticed when i was walking around that the bottom of my pool (A/G vinyl liner) was kinda slick. When I took a dive to the bottom and rubbed my hand across it, there seemed to be a slimy film. The water is as clear as it has been all year and I add a quart of 12.5% bleach every day to keep it at a FC level of 3. Could anyone tell me what this film is and if/what i need to do to fix it.

Thanks.

You need to raise your CYA level to 30-50.

You are developing algae. Your FC is dropping to 0 everyday.

I think you're missing a few key points about your pool.

Your ideal range of CYA is 30-50, and then you keep your FC according to the CYA chlorine chart. This means NEVER letting the FC drop below the "min". Even in a pool of 10 CYA the MIN is 2ppm.

So each night, you'll add your quart of 12.5% to raise your FC to 6, which will keep you above 3 by the next night. But you have to have CYA for your FC to stay above 3.

You have to shock your pool. Follow the instructions for How to Shock your Pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.