water level?

sfgann

Jan 21, 2009
I feel like my water is dropping a little bit, is this normal, we just installed a fiberglass pool about 1 month ago, Im a newbie, so this might be normal. Its been very hot, and i know when its used(splashing,etc.) the water will go down. Just wondering.

the safest bet is to perform a bucket test to measure evaporation. Place a bucket filled half way with pool water on your walk in steps (if applicable) mark the water level inside the bucket and mark the water level on the outside of the bucket, they should lose the same percentage of water though evaporation. if the pool loses more you have an unaccounted for loss of water.

X-PertPool said:
the safest bet is to perform a bucket test to measure evaporation. Place a bucket filled half way with pool water on your walk in steps (if applicable) mark the water level inside the bucket and mark the water level on the outside of the bucket, they should lose the same percentage of water though evaporation. if the pool loses more you have an unaccounted for loss of water.

Great advice Kevin!
Just so I get i right. Shall both the water in the bucket and the surrounding water level sink just as much if their are no leaks?
Thanks!

yup they should both lose the same, the purpose of putting the bucket on the steps is to keep the temperature of the water in the bucket the same as the surrounding pool water. Make sure to use water from the pool in the bucket as well, if you used water from a garden hose the temperature of the water from the garden hose could affect the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.