resch

resch

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2009
NorthEast
New pool owners... No idea what we are doing ROFL!!! We figure we can learn.

24'/52" AG Vinyl Printed Liner
1hp - 1 speed pump, hubby has nice manual timer and we will be using it altho pool store tells us not to turn off pump.
Currently started up with Bioguard Smart Sticks on Sat. After reading posts here we would like to move to the BBB method.

Not sure if anyone can help. I got a small package of chemicals to start and 3 days later ended up spending $90 at pool store just to get me thru the next week eeek! :shock: Thankful we found this forum after I told hubby that I was sure that the Balance Pak 100 was the same thing as baking soda-- I was right! :-D

Going to go find the place to post first water test and what they told me to add and what I have added thus far....

:wave: Nice to meet you all!!! Thanks so much for such a great service!

Welcome to TFP :wave:

We have the same sized pool. I suggest reading every article in pool school 3x's over...it will give you a baseline and help you make sense of everything we try to explain in the forums. You'll love BBB...we went from spending an avg of $140 a month on chems to maybe $10 a month now that we installed a cheap little $200 intex saltwater chlorine generator...Bleach is equally affordable when you take into account the cost of the SWCG.

What I can tell you is that you NEED a good test kit...either the TF100 (from tftestkits.net) or the taylor k2006. I know it may seem like a lot of money for a test kit, but you will pay for it over and over by avoiding chemicals you simply do no need and having the power of reliably knowing what's going on with your pool water whenever you feel like it.

Now get us some test results and we can point you in the right direction :mrgreen:

Your very welcome...wonderful cool summer we are having huh? :shock:

I have been a Jr/Sr fan for a while, but honestly it's getting a little tiring watching jr finish mid pack each weekend :rant:

Now that I know you are up north (nice to see another new yorker...you'll find we are well outnumbers by Texans and Carolinians (sp?)...One thing I forgot to mention is you may want to consider a solar heating panel, such as the FAFCO 4x20 Solar Bear Panel I use, coupled with a solar cover, we have been able to enjoy water in the 78-85deg range and we have barely had any days where the high temp was above 85deg with overnight lows into the low 60's.

Strange summer :shock: