Pentair Easy Touch Controller won't start Intelliflow 4X160

hodapmj

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2007
Arkansas
This has happened now three times after a heavy rain storm. The pool will be running fine through the rain storm and when the pump is turned off by the Easy Touch schedule, the next scheduled ON time the Intelliflow will not start. All LED's on the pump are on indicating it should be working (no blinking LED's or red LED's lit) The Easy Touch indicates no problems and all LED's indicate that the pool is on and running. However the pump is not. I have tried full power off to no avail. I only seem to be able to get the pump running again by random power on's and off's.

Any troubleshooting or recommendations or known issues would be appreciated. The system is two years old so I still have my 3yr Pentair warranty, but would like to know if there is anything I should check for as to why the pump will not start after a heavy rain.

If it used to run properly, and you have not made any programming changes, then try clearing the memory. Make notes of all your settings/ programs as a memory clear erases everything. If that does not work, you may need to flash the board. Some of the older revisions had trouble controlling the pump. Best to call Pentair, esp. if still covered.

Now literally dead in the water. Pump died today. Not the Easy Touch. Called PB and Pentair with NO response/action. Currently adding chlorine and brushing to keep the water moving. Very disappointed in PB and Pentair for lack of response. Removed the 4X160 from the Easy Touch, no LED's, tested with multi-tester have power to the pump, but no pump. Any suggestions would be helpful.

After a full week of downtime, PB & Pentair replaced my 4X160 with a new VS-3050. They installed it and left. They never checked to see if worked with the Easy Touch except that the Easy Touch turned the pump on and off. Now there is no control of the RPM. It appears to be about 1000 rpm off of the setting on the Easy Touch. The Easy Touch still indicates that it is connected to an Intelliflow 4X160, but there is no way to change it. My guess is that it needs it's BIOS flashed? Now that I have a newer pump, my assumption is that the Easy Touch does not know how to control it. Any thoughts or suggestions, as the PB has no clue and has to get the Pentair rep back to look at the installation.

It could be a firmware issue, but that is relatively unlikely. Even fairly old Easy Touch units should work with the new version of the pump.

You should check the data/control cable between the Easy Touch and the pump. Make sure both ends are properly plugged in and that there isn't any damage to the cable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.